LittleFoot Elegance Photo > Off-Topic Discussion

Forum language choice

<< < (2/4) > >>

eurit40:
Hi Community,

I fully agree to The Lizardking´s arguments. Maybe you once whitnessed at a butchery a conversation between a foreign customer with crude language knowledge and the butcher. The foreigner got what he wanted. It´s not the grammer but the meaning. Isn´t it Armando? As you notice, reading this lines, my English is indeed not my mother tongue. I call it "Germish"...  but I don´t care. Moreover, I see it as an usefull act of practice and helps me to overcome my fear spelling/writing somthing wrong. So I vote for English as the prefered language with fallback for those who aren´t able to write in English.

Let´s help our foreing friends to participate our forum.

CS Stefan

P.S.
Of corse I had a dictionary near my keyboard while writing this lines and it took tripple the time to write it down... But as I said, I don´t care

Armando:
Hi Stefan,

you understood perfectly what I meant.
Also my English isn't very good.  :-[ But we're nicely exchanging messages in English on this forum...  ;)

CS
Armando

FelixBuechner:
Hi all,

after having typed two lengthy articles about the virtues of starting a new development project AND arguing FOR english as the preferred language of the project, I feel a little stupid, because I WROTE ALL IN GERMAN ...

So: I, too, vote "pro english" and promise to try and write only english in future.

Best regards, Felix

the_lizardking:
hehe I was wondering  :P

Over50:
moin moin,

ich möcht hier mal an den Beitrag von molar erinnern,

--- Quote from: molar on Sunday, 07.04.13 - 09:53:46 - CEST ---...Daher vertrete ich die Meinung, dass das Forum generell deutschsprachig bleiben sollte.

Englisch ist nicht meine Muttersprache und mir zumindest fällt es schwerer technischen Diskussionen in Englisch zu folgen. Ich glaube auch, das die aktive Beteiligung am Forum so leiden würde.

Grüsse

Thomas

--- End quote ---

Eine Diskussion zum ASCOM-Treiber kann von mir aus in Englisch geführt werden.
Inzwischen verbreitet sich das aber in allen Themenbereichen.
Ich finde das sehr Schade, denn so kann ich weder richtig folgen noch an einer Diskussion teilhaben.

CS Volker

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version