LittleFoot Elegance Photo > Off-Topic Discussion

Forum language choice

(1/4) > >>

Armando:
Hi @all,

by following the advice by roman, I'm posting this new topic to discuss about the opportunity to use English as the preferred language on the forum.
Needless to say, by suggesting English I'm obviously expressing just my own opinion.
As already stated in another forum thread, I think that using Google translations is not a good idea because of the unintelligible Google translations.

I keep in mind most LFEP users are German. They will obviously prefer their own language; but I'm pretty sure they all speak English too.

I sometimes answered some German questions on the old forum, just to be of help. But, as I don't speak German, I was obliged to use Google translator to understand the question. And what is most interesting is that I answered in English and the messages that followed (by the same users who had posted the question in German) were in English...  :)

If Google translations were fine I would not suggest English. But this is not the case.  :(

In a few words, on the old forum sometimes I was able to "decipher" the automatic translations and so I posted my answers or questions; many times I preferred to point out what I had understood by the translation before going on to post my message; too many times I was not able to decipher the translation at all...

I'm sure I'm not the only LFEP user who doesn't speak German.  :)
Maybe a selection of the language could be shown when the user is going to write on the forum, with a hint to prefer English in place of German.  ::)

Anyway thank you for the idea of creating a new forum to discuss about LFEP.  ;)

CS
Armando Beneduce

Roman:
To follow up Armandos request, from my point of view I wouldn't mind if the prefered language would be changed to english in this forum. But I think it is necessary to hear the opinion of other users.

I just found out that is is possible to:

* change the default SMF (forum software) language to english
* allow individual user language of SMF (can be changed individually in your profile and appears as long as you are logged in)
* keep the google translator as a backup, help to translate if some words are unknown (even if grammer and syntax are ugly)
So what is the opinion of other users?

CS
Roman

Antoon:
Hi All,

It would be very good for me if the language changes to english. That is my humble opinion. But i must say i understand a little bit German. If i read and re-read it a few times, i can understand the diskussions reasonably good. Germany is a favorite country for me to go on a vacation. In may i'm going to "Cochem an der Mösel" to enjoy the nature and the wine  :)
So it is up to you guys to decide. I prefer english. But i agree with the majority.

Best Regards
Antoon

molar:
Hallo Forum!

Zunächst einmal glaube ich, dass die überwiegende Anzahl LFEP-Besitzer aus dem deutschsprachigen Raum stammt.

Daher vertrete ich die Meinung, dass das Forum generell deutschsprachig bleiben sollte.

Englisch ist nicht meine Muttersprache und mir zumindest fällt es schwerer technischen Diskussionen in Englisch zu folgen. Ich glaube auch, das die aktive Beteiligung am Forum so leiden würde.

Grüsse

Thomas

the_lizardking:
For me its no problem, however for the once that cannot follow i would propose to stay in german and the one who can go with english should go with it. We will for sure find a way to help both parties but i would see english as pimary language.

Cs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version