Author Topic: Temperature of the Controller  (Read 21826 times)

Offline the_lizardking

Re: Temperature of the Controller
« Reply #20 on: Friday, 02.08.13 - 13:44:22 - CEST »
I think there is no problem anymore with regulators. For me it looks that the display is simply defect for some reason. Everthing runs fine, when I switch on after a while the display looses visability but the backlight and all functions are working. When switch on again after a fiew hours display works again for a while.

Any other suggestions here??
Dont know,...

Offline the_lizardking

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, 10.08.13 - 21:14:51 - CEST »
OK just to give an update,... today its cooler here so I could switch off the display heating before the display went out. It seems that it solved the problem so far,... however controller temp is even with active cooling fan and coolers on the voltage regulators more than 52 degrees when having an outside temp of 23. So I think if it gets hotter again the display will again fall out but lets see,...

Offline the_lizardking

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, 22.08.13 - 12:03:49 - CEST »
OK the problem is still there and is for absolute sure related to the controller board.
However since I changed the voltage regulators the controller itself runs fine and is not hanging up anymore. After a while the display disapears related to temp of the controller, if I lower the amps for the motors it takes longer than when it is higher,... lower amps on the motor means lower temp on the board.

If anyone has an idea this would be fine,... I am out of order at this point :(

cs

Offline the_lizardking

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, 05.09.13 - 18:06:54 - CEST »
Now I have it got - was a matter of time,... today I was watching the sun and lost suddenly the connection to LFEP,...
I tried to restart nothing, then I looked further, no light flashing when on but power is there,... any idea?

Offline the_lizardking

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, 05.09.13 - 20:45:48 - CEST »
Again the voltage regulator defect,... this is a solution that never worked,... untested like some many other things.
However for others, I made a separate power supply 12V only for LFEP and the first supports only the motors,... this works fine now.