LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LittleFoot Elegance Photo

Temperature of the Controller

(1/5) > >>

the_lizardking:
Hi all,

I have a short question, my controller gets up to 100 degrees now in summer during the day - and by the way here is another bug as the display only shows up to 99,99 and then starts up with 10,00 - and for me this looks quite hot. So is this normal or do I have a problem here?

Thanks

drknoppi:
Hello M.
i think that isn`t normally, i think you mean the temperature of the handbox - controller ? Is the  the handbox  directly in the sunlight and the enviroment temperature is 30 degree ?
May be that the analog - digital - circuits for measuring the temperature inside the box dont like sunlight and the displayed temperature in the handbox menu show i wrong temperature !, but not the real temperature inside .

Best regards Rainer

the_lizardking:
I dont think its the Display temp it is the temp of the motordriver more or less,... and I think the temp with 100 degree can be true. I already mounted some cooling aluminium outside and so I could lower the temp for about 5 degrees,... but 100 is still a lot of heat from my point. The controller itself is in the shadow but not good surrounded by air, maybe it would help to place it somewhere else too,... I am working on that and let you know.
However I think about taking out the board and placing some coolers inside the the controller.

Roman:
Hi Lizardking,

do you use the 40V Version? If not at which Voltage do you operate your CU? Do you still use the powercable with Pin 3 und Pin 4 bridged?

the_lizardking:
I use 25V or smth In think,... bridge was removed from cable to enable a higher voltage,... do you think thats the issue for this high temp?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version