LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LittleFoot Elegance Photo

Hello, Parking under the Pole, Disconnect and Handbox Contents

(1/2) > >>

cutejac:
 :) Hello to all, new in this Forum.

I have some issues with the LFEP where I need some more information. I plan to use my LFEP remotely in Namibia.

The scope shall be parked on the east side of Pier, Az.180°, Elev. 0°. When I slew to this Position, the scope moves under the pole. In this moment the indicated side of the scope changes from E to W. If all safety elements are inactive, slewing to this position is not a problem. But: After Unparking the scope always tries to slew to a given position in E direction and will not cross the pole in DE first. Any ideas to avoid this?

Second issue: I would like to customize the contents of the handbox, as I do not need PEC and similar. The function "save window" does not work as expected. After every start of the ASCOM Driver I get the same contents without modifications. How to save this?

Third issue: I use Maxim to connect with Telescope and focuser. After disconnecting in Maxim the Handbox often remains connected. In these cases the handbox can be killed only by shutting down the Computer. Whats wrong?

CS

Carsten

Armando:
Hi Carsten,

--- Quote from: cutejac on Saturday, 23.04.16 - 19:08:50 - CEST ---The scope shall be parked on the east side of Pier, Az.180°, Elev. 0°. When I slew to this Position, the scope moves under the pole. In this moment the indicated side of the scope changes from E to W. If all safety elements are inactive, slewing to this position is not a problem. But: After Unparking the scope always tries to slew to a given position in E direction and will not cross the pole in DE first. Any ideas to avoid this?
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure I understood your issue.
Could you report the log messages shown inside the log panel?
Anyway if you want to cross the Pole by a GoTo you should keep "Enable GoTo Flip" option checked. So, is "Enable GoTo Flip" (in Flip/Park panel) checked?

--- Quote ---Second issue: I would like to customize the contents of the handbox, as I do not need PEC and similar. The function "save window" does not work as expected. After every start of the ASCOM Driver I get the same contents without modifications. How to save this?
--- End quote ---
Did you try to customize and save the contents of the handbox by connecting to LFEP by "LFEP Standalone mode" program?

--- Quote ---Third issue: I use Maxim to connect with Telescope and focuser. After disconnecting in Maxim the Handbox often remains connected. In these cases the handbox can be killed only by shutting down the Computer. Whats wrong?

--- End quote ---
Maybe there is a bug or some clients keep the LFEP ASCOM connection alive. You should overcome this issue by executing "LFEP Standalone mode" program and by a click on Disconnect button for each LFEP ASCOM connection that is unexpectedly still alive.

I hope it helps.

Clear Skies!
Armando

cutejac:
Hi Armando,

thanks for the hints. Today I tried the Standalone LFEP program to fix the customizing issue. No results. Even with this program tha handbox always shows the same boxes ticked after saving and as well after restarting the PC. No customizing seems to be possible.

The other issues I will try later.

Regards

Carsten

Armando:
Hi Carsten,

I just fixed the bug related to GUI customization. I also re-included the old help file (even if it's only in German and not updated).

Clear Skies!
Armando

cutejac:
Hi Armando,

thanks for the Update. Now the handbox content can be customized as intended. I decided to park above the pole to simply avoid this issue.

Regards,

Carsten

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version