LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LittleFoot Elegance Photo

Virtuelle Handbox und Goto

<< < (2/2)

Armando:
Hi Jörg,

default polling rate is at 1/(10s) - I mean 0.1Hz...
You can increase it by moving the slider inside the Motion Controls panel.

If I properly understood your issue my previous answer still won't solve it but will convince you that moving the mount by the hardware handbox is not the solution...
The only small issue that you'll fix is about coordinates, reported by ASCOM, not refreshed as you expected at default polling rate...

A possible explanation for inaccurate GoTo apparently solved by just one hardware handbox movement and then a Sync can be backlash. Obviously it's just a temporary fix: as soon as you send a GoTo command to an opposite direction the issue will be again... The only solution to this issue is obviously backlash compensation (that is to be properly tuned).

CS
Armando

Isi:
Hallo Armando,
Danke für Deine Antwort. Gibt es eine Anleitung für die virtuelle Handbox ??
Was bedeutet Pad und Silent genau ?

Gruß Jörg

Armando:
Hi Jörg,

--- Quote from: Isi on Wednesday, 30.12.15 - 23:23:21 - CET ---Gibt es eine Anleitung für die virtuelle Handbox ??
--- End quote ---
because of several driver and GUI changes the old documentation/help is to be revisited. It doesn't cover the added features; this is the reason why I removed it from the installer. I don't speak German. This is another reason why I didn't take care of it.
Anyway I tried to make the GUI as much intuitive as possible.
The main lack of documentation is probably about slewing management (meant to reduce pillar collision risks) and tracking speed refinement (that works perfectly, contrarily to IntellyTrack).

--- Quote ---Was bedeutet Pad und Silent genau ?
--- End quote ---
If you don't use the hardware handbox and mount is simply tracking at sidereal speed then RA won't change, Dec won't change. While taking a photo (and guiding) you don't play with Solar/Lunar/Star speed; you don't enable/disable IntellyTrack, King rate or PEC; you don't change LFEP configuration; side of pier doesn't change. Even if LFEP coordinates change after 2h of tracking thanks to guiding (because of a not accurate mount alignment) you're still pointing the same target  :) The same for the encoder position, focuser position, ...

So why polling LFEP state?
If you play by hardware handbox, mount is also connected by ASCOM and you want to keep LFEP state refreshed, then silent mode is to be disabled.

But You can also keep silent mode always disabled and use low polling rate: as soon as a slewing is detected (so within 10s if you're using the default - low - polling rate) the driver increases polling rate; then, as soon as the slewing end is detected, polling rate is reverted to the initial value.

CS
Armando

P.s. Also the hardware handbox communicates to LFEP MCU to show coordinates by its display. And you can change (by the hardware handbox itself) the hardware handbox polling rate too...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version