LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LFEP ASCOM

COM Schnittstelle wird nicht erkannt

<< < (7/10) > >>

Armando:
Hi Heinz,

--- Quote from: Heinz-S on Monday, 24.02.14 - 17:37:03 - CET ---after syncing on some objects the information under “Pointing state” changed from East to West. Also the coords, shown in the information window, are changing accordingly. The information under “Side of pier” didn't change, neither on sync commands nor on slewing the mount by HW handbox.
--- End quote ---
OK.

--- Quote ---A click on “InvertDEC” also didn't change the “side of pier” state.
--- End quote ---
Not OK.
#>D# (resp. #<D#) are used to set East (resp. West) side of pier.
So Sync on any object by the handbox and use RealTerm (no ASCOM connection) to communicate to LFEP and:
1. send #>D# (to set East side of pier) and #0:VX# and tell me the answer;
2. send #<D# (to set West side of pier) and #0:VX# and tell me the answer...
I'll try to figure out how to recognize the side of pier...

--- Quote ---After sending a goto command the slewing led starts blinking, but it goes on to blink after stopping the movement. Also after a few minutes the blinking was displayed.
--- End quote ---
Not OK.
Use Realterm and tell me the answer to #0:VX# command while mount is slewing and while it's not slewing...

--- Quote ---In my manual, I couldn't find a command, that allows a modification of the HW handbox, not showing the coords after a goto movement.
--- End quote ---
OK, I modified the driver in the past and so it should be able to manage/discard unwanted data coming from the handbox (sent by LFEP itself while the handbox display is showing current coords).

--- Quote ---The PEC state didn't change. Any time I could read “Active” and “Valid”.The button right beside it displayed “PEC off”. A click on it does not change it to “PEC on”.
--- End quote ---
Not OK.
To read PEC state you should use #:VS# command (always by RealTerm) in place of #0:VX#.
So you should change PEC state by the HW handbox, send #:VS# and tell me the answer (while PEC is Off, while PEC is ON and finally during PEC training).

You can use RealTerm screen shots to report the answers...

CS
Armando

Heinz-S:
Hello Armando,

in the attachments you will find three screen shots, that are returned on the RealTerm commands:

Screen shot 1:
Line 1 was returned after the Sync on an object by the HW handbox.
Line 2 and 3 are the results of sending #>D# (#<D#) and then #0:VX#

Screen shot 2:
I started the mount slewing and send #0:VX#. After some seconds I stopped the mount by a click on a moving button of the HW handbox. Although the mount was tracking now (not slewing) the screen writing goes on. So the first package of characters was displayed.

After sending #0:VX# for the second time (during the mount was tracking), the second package was created. I stopped the writing on the screen by disconnecting the LFEP with a push on the On/Off button.

Screen shot 3:
Here you will find the answers of the LFEP on the #:VS# command while PEC is off (line 1), while PEC is on (line 2) and while PEC training is enabled (line 3).

CS
Heinz

Armando:
Hi Heinz,

to be sure I need also the answer to #0:VX# when LFEP is not synced and not slewing (after it has only been powered on, with no sync and no GoTo commands...).
Anyway probably the attached driver works...
As for PEC state, please let me know the answer to #0P and #1P .

CS
Armando

Heinz-S:
Hello Armando,

in screen shot 1 you can see the answer of the LFEP on #0:VX#, after it has only been powered on.

To test PEC state, I sent #0P and #1P always three times to the LFEP, after setting by HW handbox PEC OFF, PEC ON and PEC TRAINING. Every time I missed the answer. RealTerm only displayed my input (screen shot 2).

Your new driver reacts very pleasant. A click on INVERT DEC changes Side of pier accordingly, also corresponding on the HW handbox.

I synced an object with the HW handbox and started a GOTO to a second object. The slewing led started blinking. At the end of the movement, the blinking stops and a sound could be heard.

The PEC on/off button now is reacting, the ACTIVE letters turned from grey to black, also corresponding to the HW handbox (red LED is on). That is also working the reverse way. If I change a PEC function by HW handbox, these changes are displayed on the screen. The same behaviour could be observed by PEC TRAINING.

CS
Heinz

Armando:
Hi Heinz,

OK.  :)
I still need a confirmation: while keeping N (resp. S) button pressed you should see DEC increasing (resp. decreasing). This should happen both on East and West pier sides.
Please let me know if you see something different: I need to figure out if FW5 is affected by the same bug as FW6 and if I have to reverse West/East pier sides...

If you see N/S buttons working as expected then you can start using the driver...
Keep in mind currently you can't configure your LFEP by ASCOM!
As for the parking feature, please don't use the Controller parking but prefer the PC parking (you can select it in the parking settings group)! You can try to set home position and see if parking/unparking works as expected.
You can also enable automatic flip if you see manual flip works.

But before playing with parking and flip commands you need to be sure N/S buttons move the mount in the right direction...

As for the moving speeds, You should be able to move by the ASCOM handbox at guider rate, 2X, 8X and 16X paddle speeds.
I don't know all the other speeds that are supported by FW5. So, if you agree with me, I could simply remove all the other speeds from the list to let you select only hand paddle speeds (you should associate any of the available speeds at each of the hand paddle speed)... You can also tell me the speeds supported by FW5 but then we should check if the selection works as in FW6...

CS
Armando

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version