LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LFEP ASCOM

COM Schnittstelle wird nicht erkannt

<< < (4/10) > >>

Heinz-S:
Hello Armando,

thank you for your explanations. Of course I'm ready to send the test commands to the LFEP, if you tell me, what I have to enter. When the final result will be a working driver, that controls the automatic meridian flip and the safety functions for remote operations, all 5.xx users would be  happy, not to depend on the Generic LX200 driver any longer. Hopefully you will be successful!!

So I'm waiting to your further informations.

CS
Heinz

Armando:
Hi Heinz,

let me know if connection works by installing the attached driver. I hope/think ASCOM handbox is properly displayed.
We need to make the ASCOM handbox working by itself, without playing with it for now...

Install SerialMon, execute it and make it sniffing traffic on the port associated to LFEP...
Then start LFEP starter utility and start the ASCOM connection: SerialMon will show traffic to/from LFEP...

In the past, to improve communication, I had to force the driver to resend a command when the received answer length was not as expected.
The length of the answers can be different between FW5.xx and FW6.xx for some commands.  :(
This is the case with #0:VX# and I modified the driver accordingly (and now I think the answer is properly managed to detect slewing, tracking and sync state of the mount).
But maybe other commands are affected by the same kind of change. In this case as soon as the issue occurs you can see the driver loops endlessly sending always the same command...
Maybe this is the case with #:VS# command. If so, I need to know the length of the answer. We'll decipher the content of the answer afterwards... We need to solve communication locks if they occur.

You can also use RealTerm to let me know the content of the answer causing issue (in Hex + ASCII mode...) and post SerialMon logs to allow me to figure out what is wrong...

CS
Armando

Heinz-S:
Hello Armando,

unfortunately the LFEP didn't connect properly. The connection begins and was interrupted during the execution, displaying the error message, you will find in the appendix (Pic1 and Pic2).

Executing RealTerm I send  #:GV#  and get the answer:  23 3A 47 56 23

After sending  #:VS#  I could read:  23 3A 56 53 23

I installed and run SerialMon with administrator rights, but at the program start the message showing in Pic3 appears. After restart and reinstalling the message appears again. On it's screen no information was recognizable when I execute the LFEP starter.

Perhaps the detection of FW 5.88 is more easier to you, when I send my LFEP hardware by mail to you at home. Would that be an option?

CS
Heinz

Armando:
Hi Heinz,

--- Quote from: Heinz-S on Tuesday, 18.02.14 - 14:18:22 - CET ---
unfortunately the LFEP didn't connect properly. The connection begins and was interrupted during the execution, displaying the error message, you will find in the appendix (Pic1 and Pic2).
--- End quote ---
I need SerialMon log or SerialMon screenshot.

--- Quote ---Executing RealTerm I send  #:GV#  and get the answer:  23 3A 47 56 23
--- End quote ---
It's not the answer, it's the command shown in ASCII mode by RealTerm. (e.g. # is coded as 35 in ASCII and 35=2*16+3=0x23;  : is coded as 58 in ASCII and 58 = 0x3A).
You need to set duplex mode to see both commands and answers.

--- Quote ---After sending  #:VS#  I could read:  23 3A 56 53 23
--- End quote ---
It's still the command...
I told you to send #:GV# to figure out how RealTerm works. The answer by LFEP to #:GV# is the firmware number. Playing with RealTerm settings you'll figure out how to set it to properly read the answers (text or binary).
Set Hex + ASCII and you'll see each byte answer in Hex and ASCII... RealTerm will show you also the command in the same mode.

--- Quote ---Perhaps the detection of FW 5.88 is more easier to you, when I send my LFEP hardware by mail to you at home. Would that be an option?
--- End quote ---
I think you need only to figure out how to play by SerialMon...  ;)

CS
Armando

Armando:
Please let me know with the attached driver.

CS
Armando

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version