LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LFEP ASCOM

COM Schnittstelle wird nicht erkannt

<< < (3/10) > >>

Armando:
Hi Heinz,

--- Quote from: Heinz-S on Tuesday, 11.02.14 - 15:27:31 - CET ---the problem is, that the connection of the LFEP with my laptop dose not work at all by using the original driver (version 1.1.3 or any other version). I proceeded exactly as you described it, but the error message occurs again and again. That was the reason to open that thread.
--- End quote ---
did you try also the driver for FW 6.xx (v1.5.3)?
I obviously know that some changes are required to make it working with FW 5.xx; but 1.5.3 driver should show a message about the need for a 6.xx FW...

--- Quote ---After plugging in the USB cable, the COM2 port appears, I change it and try to connect the LFEP. But every time the Laptop reports: Please select COM/LAN settings in SETUP first. When I'm using the Generic LX200 driver and fulfil the same procedure, Laptop an LFEP connect without the report of any error message.

An especially LFEP ASCOM launcher is not implemented in my driver version. I start the connection with my client software (E&T or CdC). These programs firstly displayed an ASCOM telescope chooser. I set the little food photo telescope hub. Then I click on the properties button and the little foot photo telescope setup appears. In that window I set my COM2 port. Then I click the connect button and the error message appears. If I choose the Generic LX200 driver in the same way, the connection is successful.

Do you have an idea, why the driver reacts in that way.
--- End quote ---

Maybe administrator privileges are required to store the port number in the ASCOM profile created by your driver; in this case probably the port number is missing. Give a look at the ASCOM profiles stored in your machine (by executing ASCOM profile explorer utility). Search for the keys related to the driver you mean to use (under Telescope Drivers group). Maybe there is no data associated to the port number...

I think a screenshot of my profile settings can be of help... Look for something similar related to the serial port number that your driver expects to find in your ASCOM profile; maybe only the port number is missing.

CS
Armando

Heinz-S:
Hello Armando,

I also tried the drivers for FW 6.xx (like v.1.5.3 or 1.4.x or 1.3.x). You're right: In all that cases the result was a message, that FW 6.xx is needed.

Today I started again the LFEP test client tool: Clicking on “Setup Telescope” the COM/LAN settings appear; after choosing the COM2 interface I click on connect with the same result as before. Then I started the ASCOM profile explorer 6.0.0.0 and had a look to the LFEP COM settings: The COM2 interface was displayed at the same place as I find it in your screenshot.

Perhaps the older LFEP drivers are only compatible to an older version of the ASCOM platform. That possibility I'm not able to test, because I couldn't find an older version of ASCOM for a download.

You have told about a chance to make working the driver v1.5.3 together with FW 5.xx. That would be the solution for all the problems.

In the appendix you will find some log-files, created by the ASCOM diagnostics program.

CS
Heinz

Armando:
Hi Heinz,

--- Quote from: Heinz-S on Thursday, 13.02.14 - 15:20:41 - CET ---I also tried the drivers for FW 6.xx (like v.1.5.3 or 1.4.x or 1.3.x). You're right: In all that cases the result was a message, that FW 6.xx is needed.
You have told about a chance to make working the driver v1.5.3 together with FW 5.xx. That would be the solution for all the problems.

--- End quote ---

I just received a confirmation by Gerald: as expected, #0:VX# answer is deeply different between the two FW versions.
So it is to be reverse engineered to try to make current driver working with 5.xx FW.

In 6.xx FW the answer length is 22 bytes. Not so easy to decipher without the documentation...
I've no idea about the answer with 5.xx FW. You should start the hard work of deciphering it... You could download RealTerm (It's a good utility to send commands to LFEP) and give a look at its GUI... It's user friendly and offers many options. You'll have to set the right port number and appropriate port settings (9600bps, 8-N-1) to open the port and send #0:VX# string (in ASCII mode). RealTerm will show you the LFEP answer. Playing with LFEP (e.g. locking the mount or sending a GoTo command) you should see what changes in the answer. This way you'll be to recognize if the mount is slewing, is parked, is tracking, is flipped, ... Then I'll adapt the code accordingly.

CS
Armando

Heinz-S:
Hello Armando,

I tried to exercise your instructions. In the appendix you will find some screenshots, the LFEP replies while I'm using the handbox:

Pic1: After move to home position.
Pic2: After sending #0:VX# without tracking.
Pic3: After GotoTourM13-Set.
Pic4: After move to a star.
Pic5: After sending #0:VX# while LFEP is in tracking mode.

Perhaps these informations will be useful. I've no know how in such special programming features.

If the screenshots are useless, please let me know, if there is a chance to download an older version of the ASCOM platform. I cannot find a corresponding link.

CS
Heinz

Armando:
Hi Heinz,

--- Quote from: Heinz-S on Saturday, 15.02.14 - 17:34:02 - CET ---...
Perhaps these informations will be useful.
--- End quote ---
Gerald sent me some sources that could be of help to properly, but only partially, read 5.xx 0:VX answer.
I'm going to evaluate the changes required to adapt the ASCOM driver to 5.xx FW. Then I'll let you know if supporting 5.xx is feasible. In that case I'll surely need some tests by you by RealTerm.
I'll provide you further details about the required tests: you can see from your screenshots that moving your mount by LFEP handbox makes the LFEP writing on serial port by itself. You won't have to play by the handbox to control LFEP, you'll have to send some commands by RealTerm itself and report the answers... To properly read the answers you will have to set Hex+Space or Hex + ASCII mode and enable half duplex (in Display panel) to make Realterm showing both commands and answers. Hex mode is required to properly show binary answers, the ones we need to read. ASCII mode is good for "text". Enabling  \n Before and \n After makes RealTerm showing each command/answer on a new line and can make the screenshots more understandable. If you send #:GV# you can figure out what I mean...
Keep in mind LFEP is case sensitive and the commands are to be sent by a click on "Send ASCII" button.

--- Quote ---If the screenshots are useless, please let me know, if there is a chance to download an older version of the ASCOM platform. I cannot find a corresponding link.
--- End quote ---
I think the driver for Little Foot at http://ascom-standards.org/Downloads/ScopeDrivers.htm can work.
Anyway it's possible that ignoring some LFEP features (e.g. disabling tracking rates reading, assuming current speed is sidereal one, disabling IntellyTrack/KingRate management, PEC state check, ...) can make the driver working without too much effort. Maybe reading if mount is synced, if it's tracking or slewing and the side of pier is enough to start making the driver working...
I'll let you know.  ;)

CS
Armando

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version