LittleFoot Elegance Photo > Off-Topic Discussion

Neues Community Forum um die Kommunikation aufrecht zu erhalten

<< < (2/5) > >>

Armando:
Hi @all,

I'm appreciating the idea of offering a forum to discuss about LFEP.  :)
But I'd like to point out one of the main limits of the LFEP (without discussing about the end of official support): English documentation.
I was one of the moderators of the old forum and I always tried to avoid double posts by intensively using the forum search function together with Google translator if required (I don't speak German).
But, frankly, I think using Google translations is not a good idea:  even with electronic know-how, I was often obliged to publish some specific questions (sometimes already answered but only in German) because of the unintelligible Google translations.
I'm pretty sure preferring English in place of German could be a good starting point.

I think many users who don't speak German will be annoyed by the need to translate a question from German (by Google), just to be of help to suggest a solution or to offer any sort of support...

Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum!  :)

CS
Armando Beneduce

Tobias:
Hi Armando,
nice to read you here too ;) .

I dont know how many LFs were selled into not german speaking countries, but I think unfortunately most users speak german native. So the biggest chance to get an answer is to use the biggest crowd of members although I think that FAQs and important infos must be present in english too.

I can only speak of mine, but I often don't answer an english question because I didnt speak / write english well enough - like you can read here ;) . Perhaps others are the same, so if this forum takes only benefit of very well english speaking people I daresay that it loses much of its aides. And applies to problems not "Bis dat qui cito dat" :D ?

It's only my point of view....

CS Tobias

PS I don't think anyone will harm anybody who writes in incorrect german or if someone ask to explain somethink in english.

PS Wie meinst du das:

--- Quote from: roman on Sunday, 17.03.13 - 13:02:14 - CET ---Auf der ToDo-Liste stehen derzeit:

* Muti-Language Support [Erledigt] Google Translator
--- End quote ---
Dass man den GoogleTranslator nutzen soll, oder das er eingebunden ist? (Denn dann verstehe / sehe ich nicht, wie man ihn nutzen kann)

Roman:
Hi Armando,

thank you for joining the new forum.  :)

--- Quote ---I'm pretty sure preferring English in place of German could be a good starting point.
--- End quote ---
I see your point and I think this is not a bad idea to "prefer" english. This language topic should be discussed in a new thread I think.

@Tobias, google translator is allready embedded. There is a pulldown menu on the right top of the thread-frame of this forum. In addition user can change the SMF interface language.

CS
Roman

kurt10:
Hallo Roman
Freut mich sehr das hier wieder ein neues LFEP Forum entstanden ist.
Vielen Dank für Deine Arbeit.

Viele Grüsse aus Vorarlberg
Kurt

Armando:
Hi roman,

--- Quote from: roman --- thank you for joining the new forum.
--- End quote ---
thank you for the forum!  :)

Hi Tobias,
--- Quote from: Tobias --- nice to read you here too
--- End quote ---
nice to read you too.  :)
Very nice to read your messages in English!  :P

I created a new topic about the language choice. Needless to say, I'm really appreciating your efforts and I don't mean to insist: I'm only suggesting to evaluate the opportunities offered by this forum.  ;)

CS
Armando Beneduce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version