LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LittleFoot Elegance Photo

LFEP problem with motor

<< < (2/2)

Armando:
Hi Patrice,

--- Quote from: palo974 on Friday, 10.01.14 - 08:28:48 - CET ---Could you tell me what it does and if I can change to solve my problem?
--- End quote ---
L6258EX, it's the RA or Dec motor driver.  :(
It should disable its outputs if temperature exceeds the safe limits. But if you see signs of failure...  :(

CS
Armando

palo974:
Armando thank you for your reply.

I worried that I'll need to change this component because I can see cracks on it.
Do you think that it's possible?
I hope the rest is correct.

Thank you very much for your help.

Patrice

Armando:
Hi Patrice,

--- Quote from: palo974 on Friday, 10.01.14 - 11:22:35 - CET ---I worried that I'll need to change this component because I can see cracks on it.
Do you think that it's possible?
--- End quote ---
Heat dissipation is critical. This is the reason why PowerSO-36 package makes use of via holes.
As there is no need to take care of the broken IC, removing it should be not so critical; cutting the pins could be of help...
As the IC slug is soldered on the via holes, heating them from the opposite PCB side should make removing the IC possible... Then the PCB should be properly cleaned.
But I think that soldering the replacement IC by hand is really difficult: pins are too thin; I would suggest a soldering lab to exclude possible mistakes.  ::)
I never attempted to solder any SMD IC. But online you can see some DIY guys are really able to make "everything"  with no need of the specific/required tools...
Anyway a lab is surely able to replace the IC.

Armando

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version