LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LittleFoot Elegance Photo

LFEP down !

<< < (7/7)

Armando:
Hi Antoon,

I'm glad to have been of help.  ;)

--- Quote from: Antoon on Thursday, 09.05.13 - 11:56:55 - CEST ---The LFEP works. But…..i have a lot of explaining to do.
I first did the copy of the 3 little files via the Com3 port to the LFEP.
I noticed that it only started up again with the “lfep_reset1.txt” file (not with the other two)
So I think this the CU reset file. So far so good, but now the story begins.
--- End quote ---
Yes, the lfep_reset1 is the one that causes the CU reset. But it's worth starting the reset sequence from Video/Lan.

--- Quote ---I checked the “Mount set-up” in menu 3 and found that the step angle from both motors was set at 7.5° and both wormwheels on 180. This had to be 1.8° for the motors and 272 resp 210 for the wormwheels.
I changed this parameters, did a “save set-up” and a “reset”, and…. the LFEP was dead again. With only “Display init…” on the HP.
--- End quote ---
Interesting.  ;)

--- Quote ---Then I changed only both motor stepsizes, save-setup and reset, and….it stayed ok !!!
Then I changed both wormwheels, save-setup, reset and BANG, faulty again !
Then my eurocent began to fall (at my age, that takes more and more time   ;))
Maurice gave me as gear ratio’s 132x so that set into the parameters. I made a little calculation, 132 x 272 gives  a total reduction of 35.904 In my humble opinion this is way too high !!
--- End quote ---
I also know there is a max overall reduction.

--- Quote ---So I think Mr Rajiva build a max. reduction in his LFEP (I Think)
--- End quote ---
If you try to set also gear ratio you see a failure message by the handbox if the overall reduction is not supported. So this check is already implemented.

--- Quote ---A remark for evt. later updates,  It would be nice if there should be a warning on the display. I.e “Total reduction too high”. Then all these frustration and trouble would have been unneccesary. :(
--- End quote ---
According to your report when a LFEP internal settings corruption occurs only some parameters are restored to factory default values. And this causes wrong/unsupported overall reduction.
We need to define if the LFEP corruption occurs occasionally or when the user starts playing by ASCOM to set them. Maybe in this case the overall reduction computation is to be checked before going to set (by ASCOM) the user defined parameters...

I'm going to post a new topic about this issue. I'll also publish the files required to reset the LFEP.

Clear Skies!
Armando

Over50:
Hello,
again the first indication that my language is German and I use the Google translator to understand the meaning of the English texts.
My answer is also a translation from German into English by Google.
I hope the translation in this sense remains approximately preserved and is understandable.

--- Quote from: Antoon on Thursday, 09.05.13 - 11:56:55 - CEST --- I made a little calculation, 132 x 272 gives  a total reduction of 35.904 In my humble opinion this is way too high !!
So I think Mr Rajiva build a max. reduction in his LFEP (I Think)

--- End quote ---

A limitation of the max. possible reduction there must be.
Somewhere at the clock frequency of the MCU simply closing.

The max. possible reduction is currently 2150000:1.

Maximum reduction = (360/Stepangle) * GearRatio * Wormwheel = 2150000
360/1,8 * 132 * 272 = 7180800 > 2150000 -> wrong!

In a Wormwheel = 272 and Stepangel of 1.8 is GearRatio max = 39
360/1,8 * 39 * 272 = 2121600 < 2150000 -> good!

or Stepper with Stepangel = 7.5
360/7,5 * 132 * 272 = 1723392 < 2150000 -> good!

As long as this value is not exceeded each factor plays no role.
To control the mount parameters before input to the controller but there is a small tool of Rajiva.
It indicates when the parameters are in the range of error.
I've added it as an attachment.

An extension of this value would be at the expense of max. GOTO speed or
the Controler needed an MCU with a higher clock frequency.

CS Volker

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version