LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LittleFoot Elegance Photo

LFEP down !

(1/7) > >>

Antoon:
Hi LFEP community,

An astro- friend of mine, who has a LFEP is in trouble. A year ago  I told him to buy an LFEP for his ALT7 mount, because the old ALT steppercontroller was defective.  I did the installation of the LFEP, and everything went well. But a month ago the trouble started. I must say he is an old guy (82 years) and I think he did something wrong while manipulating the controller-handbox. He has no internet connection. So I am his only hope.
It all began when he accidentely activated the password feature (I think). Fortunately I managed to give him the right password. And he told me everything was ok. But Yesterday he phoned me up with the message that his motors made a lot of noise and would not turn on slow speed. So today I went  to his house and looked at the mount set-up. At my big surprise the step angles of both  the motors were changed from 1.8° to 7.5° and the wormwheel parameters were changed from 272 and 210 to 180 and 180. ???
So I changed these parameters again, saved them,  did a reset, and tried to start up again. Big disillution. The display only shows  “display init…” and that’s it. It stays that way. No motors running, no nothing,  and the LFEP seems to be dead.  Pushing buttons or pull switches have  no effect. The central led is on and that’s it.
Please help wanted ! I am lost here. :(

Thanks Guys
Antoon

the_lizardking:
Did you try to disconnect everthing - for me it looks like a short curcuit on the extension or focus port. I would try to disconnect all except the hbx and try again.
If it does not work I would try to make a Firmware upgrade starting with the display firmware, we have a short checklist for that here:
http://www.lfep.de/updates

LFEP looses the parameters when making a reset, so looks that this could have happened but could also be that your controller chip was damaged.

Armando:
Hi Antoon,

be sure (with LFEP OFF) that the switch above the handbox connector (on the side of the LFEP unit) is on the right!  ;)

CS
Armando

the_lizardking:
Not sure not tested but doesnt it show nothing then?
But try out this could also be the problem,...

Armando:
Hi the_lizardking,

--- Quote from: the_lizardking on Sunday, 05.05.13 - 00:36:06 - CEST ---Not sure not tested but doesnt it show nothing then?
--- End quote ---
with the LFEP switch on the wrong (left) side the display stays locked on "Display init.." indefinitely.
I hope/think this is the case ;)

CS
Armando

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version