LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LFEP ASCOM

LFEP ASCOM driver - bug reports

(1/19) > >>

Armando:
Hi @all,

please use this topic to report LFEP ASCOM driver bugs. Providing detailed reports will speed up bugs fixing.  ;)
Because of the low LAN speed, I think great part of the users will prefer COM connection: maybe it's a good idea ignoring, for now, bugs that occur exclusively by LAN connection.

CS
Armando Beneduce

drknoppi:
Hello Armando, i think you are right  :)
The WLAN or LAN connection is Not so stable
As the usb-serial connection i have tried both options .
Best regards
Rainer

the_lizardking:
Hi Armando,

I will integrate the bugs open from the bugreport (which is also buggy :-)):

When scope is unparked and switch tracking on after unpark  is checked the siderial is shown in the gray field but not operating on HBX. The other way round when HBX is operationg in XXX speed, the ASCOM driver shows that the scope is in parking position.

Parking has to be overworked comletely, also a bug on the HBX 6.20 by the way. Parking over ASCOM does not work stable and correct.

Last but not least, ASCOM LFEP Server process stays in Memory when driver is closed. Its for sure when Auto park is activated as parking cannot be acomblished (see bug above) however it occures also in other situations from time to time. I could not find a recurring situation that pops up this issue until now.

Regarding installation problems under Win7 I try to find out where we need to register for the driver to be un-danger.

CS

Armando:
Hi the_lizardking,

--- Quote from: the_lizardking on Wednesday, 24.04.13 - 20:58:31 - CEST ---When scope is unparked and switch tracking on after unpark  is checked the siderial is shown in the gray field but not operating on HBX. The other way round when HBX is operationg in XXX speed, the ASCOM driver shows that the scope is in parking position.
--- End quote ---
LFEP parking is affected by a firmware bug. So "Controller parking" won't work.
We need to enable PC parking. It also was affected by a bug (I think a simple sleep call fixed it). So I sent you an updated driver: it should work.

--- Quote ---Parking has to be overworked comletely, also a bug on the HBX 6.20 by the way. Parking over ASCOM does not work stable and correct.
--- End quote ---
I think/hope no more  ;)

--- Quote ---Last but not least, ASCOM LFEP Server process stays in Memory when driver is closed. Its for sure when Auto park is activated as parking cannot be acomblished (see bug above) however it occures also in other situations from time to time. I could not find a recurring situation that pops up this issue until now.
--- End quote ---
It simply occurs if you don't click on disconnect. It's a feature, not a bug  ;D

--- Quote ---Regarding installation problems under Win7 I try to find out where we need to register for the driver to be un-danger.
--- End quote ---
The main issue/mistake is the use of Windows!  :)

CS
Armando

the_lizardking:
I will test the parking,...

Regarding the ASCOM Server process, it is not always only when not clicking disconnect,... I did not find out why and in which situations but from time to time the prcess stays resisdent.

Let you you know regarding parking then.

I also found antoher strange thing today and yesterday,... the King Rate as well as Intelly Track is switched on after a GoTo with CDC and it cannot be switched off via ASCOM. When I go to HBX and trying to switch off the King Rate I get failed with the first try, a second try brings the success then. WE shoudl keep it in here, I will try to find out when it exactly happens and let you know if it still pops up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version