Author Topic: COM Schnittstelle wird nicht erkannt  (Read 64838 times)

Offline Heinz-S

Re: COM Schnittstelle wird nicht erkannt
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, 06.03.14 - 17:19:41 - CET »
Hello Armando,

I've not tested the new driver intensely, but here's a little feedback.

You removed the controller parking feature successfully. Only the PC parking display appears.

The handbox only shows the paddle speeds. Drift compensation and user rate aren't available. The clicks on the several tracking rates are confirmed by the LFEP immediately.

The synchronization function is only working partially. The date information was applied perfectly. The PC time unfortunately was not detected by LFEP.

For testing I clicked all displayed setup functions one at a time. The only function, that returns an error message was “Extras”. You can see it in the attachment.

CS
Heinz

Offline Armando

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: Friday, 07.03.14 - 14:45:41 - CET »
Hi Heinz,

The synchronization function is only working partially. The date information was applied perfectly. The PC time unfortunately was not detected by LFEP.
By RealTerm in ASCII MODE (RealTerm Display group - display as Ascii) send #:SL13:14:15# to set 13:14:15 as local time...
Then send #:GL# to read LFEP local time and check if it really updated its time...
Then use the attached driver, enable the log panel and also the date/time synchronization. Disconnect, reconnect and give a look at the log.
You should find a logged message like time to save: .......
I need to know the exact logged message. Also a screen-shot of the ASCOM handbox is fine...

For testing I clicked all displayed setup functions one at a time. The only function, that returns an error message was “Extras”. You can see it in the attachment.
The attached driver manages the issue.
Later on I'll disable the unsupported setting commands. Anyway now you should have no issues while "accessing" unsupported features but don't play with them...

CS
Armando

Offline Heinz-S

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, 08.03.14 - 18:47:11 - CET »
Hello Armando,

using the implemented driver, I set the time to 13:14:15 (screen-shot 1). The HW-handbox then also displays that time.

After updating to the new driver the message “time to save” appears as represented in screen-shot 2. The HW-handbox only shows the updated time from the first setting (13:48:34).

My last test, that returns the error message by clicking on “Extras” should only be a hint. The message still occurs (screen-shot 3). Please spend no more time in those functions, you'll disable later.

The manual flip function reacts properly. The automatic flip I've not tested yet.

The parking feature is also functioning very well. I can set a parking position. The mount is slewing to that position by clicking the parking button. A click to “Unpark” sets the mount in tracking mode.

Using my preferred application program “Eye & Telescope” combined with the LFEP driver, the mount is moving to the chosen objects. If I try to adjust the object position in the middle of the ocular by HW handbox, the PC screen freezes. Is it not allowed, to use the HW handbox buttons during a connection to an application program? Or could it be possible, that my PC hardware hasn't enough performance?

CS
Heinz

Offline Armando

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, 08.03.14 - 21:23:16 - CET »
Hi Heinz,

the attached driver should solve the Extra and Date/time sync issues.

Using my preferred application program “Eye & Telescope” combined with the LFEP driver, the mount is moving to the chosen objects. If I try to adjust the object position in the middle of the ocular by HW handbox, the PC screen freezes. Is it not allowed, to use the HW handbox buttons during a connection to an application program? Or could it be possible, that my PC hardware hasn't enough performance?
With FW6 I had only to make the driver managing the unexpected data coming from LFEP while slewing by the HW handbox or while the HW handbox is showing the coords.
Maybe with FW5 LFEP simply doesn't answer at all to received commands while an handbox button is being pressed.  ::)
You can check by RealTerm: send #:GV# or let's say #:GD# (to read current LFEP Declination) while pressing any HW handbox button and check if the expected answer appears.
You can also send a SerialMon log to let me figure out if the lock occurs on a specific command (start the connection and later on keep an HW handbox pressed). I need to figure out if this limitation can be managed by the driver...

CS
Armando
« Last Edit: Saturday, 08.03.14 - 22:34:00 - CET by Armando »

Offline Armando

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, 08.03.14 - 22:35:11 - CET »
As for GoToFlip and ParkFlip I suggest to use them currently only for test/debug purposes..
Currently I can't test it: my slewing speed is too low.
the_lizardking, who is is testing the driver, told me that it doesn't work as expected.  ::)

Offline Heinz-S

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, 11.03.14 - 12:13:26 - CET »
Hello Armando,

the new update has solved all problems I reported last.

The PC date and time are applied properly.

A click on the Extras button returns no longer an error message.

I sent #:GV# and #:GD# to the LFEP while pressing several move buttons. RealTerm didn't log any answer. Anyway the problems while using my application program didn't appear furthermore. I can use all HW handbox buttons. E & T shows a cross at the position of the telescope. While moving the telescope by HW handbox this cross followed those movements.

CS
Heinz

Offline Armando

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: Friday, 14.03.14 - 09:01:09 - CET »
Hi Heinz,

you can refer to http://forum.lfep.de/index.php?topic=15.0 to keep your driver updated.

CS
Armando

Offline Heinz-S

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, 16.03.14 - 17:02:04 - CET »
Hello Armando,

your final update is doing a good job. Now every FW5.. user is able to enjoy the hobby in association with the LFEP. So I send you a big thank-you for the invested time and your patience.

I just had a look on sourceforge. In the description of the driver only FW6.. is listed as supported firmware. Would you be so kind to change the description in order that FW5.. users will notice the driver modifications.

CS
Heinz

Offline Armando

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, 16.03.14 - 21:17:43 - CET »
Hello Heinz,

I just updated the driver's description on Sourceforge.
I also added a link to this forum in support page since I think it's the best place to get support. I also take the opportunity to thank Roman for maintaining the forum.
I'm glad to have been of help.

CS
Armando Beneduce