Author Topic: Motodriver voltage  (Read 12074 times)

Offline the_lizardking

Motodriver voltage
« on: Monday, 24.02.14 - 13:04:59 - CET »
Hi guys,

does someone know the max voltage the motordriver from the lfep accepts or has it some open and can tell me the specnumber of the driver,... I would like to ride it 36V and I am not sure the driver can handle it.

thanks

Offline Armando

• Global Moderator
Re: Motodriver voltage
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 24.02.14 - 16:54:26 - CET »
Hi the_lizardking,

max supply voltage for L6258EX is 40V. This is the reason why a V40 board was available (as LFEP optional board...).
Max LFEP supply voltage is 30V and a jumper (between two pins of the powering plug) is to be removed when using a voltage higher than 14.5V.

CS
Armando

Offline the_lizardking

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 25.02.14 - 09:01:44 - CET »
ok thats fine,... I seperated the powersupply for LFEP and the Motordriver meanwhile. Why there was a bridge I did not find out,... however normaly the volage went from input to the voltage regulator of the LFEP and then to Motodriver drive current in. I simply disconnected the voltage regulator for 12V and put a 12V PS in between. I dont have the pinning in mind but as I remeber the voltage goes then directly to Motordriver,... and the pinconnectors for the V40 are somehow in between,...

I think it should be possible in my case to drive directly with 40V then. The only thing I am not sure now is what was the pin connected on the power plug for? Does it have to be removed when you use V40 too??

Maybe it could make some direct connection to pins for the V40 board,... not sure now.

Offline Armando

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 02.03.14 - 17:01:04 - CET »
Hi the_lizardking,
I think it should be possible in my case to drive directly with 40V then. The only thing I am not sure now is what was the pin connected on the power plug for?
I've no LFEP schematic. Anyway If you are referring to the connection between two pins on the plug, I read somewhere that it's meant to exclude a voltage regulator (that is required only while powering the LFEP at 14V or more...).
Does it have to be removed when you use V40 too??
Also with V40 board installed, the bridge on the plug is to be removed only while powering the LFEP at 14V or more...

CS
Armando