Author Topic: Encoder Interface LFEP & Heidenhain ERN480 from TDM  (Read 6972 times)

Offline the_lizardking

Encoder Interface LFEP & Heidenhain ERN480 from TDM
« on: Wednesday, 14.08.13 - 09:19:12 - CEST »
Hi guys,

due to fact the I do not have activated the encoder interface or PEC tracker and there is no solution in sight as well due to fact that it is anyhow not working, I decided to get a TDM which seems to work fine and seems to bee in a well developed state. However the problem is that LFEP is using an old interface design based on the old Losmandy DSC which allows only TTL connection and the TDM is using the newer and much more performant VSS driver connection I will run into a problem connecting the Heidenhain encoder to LFEP. The Heidenhain encoder used 4*4*4*4 Interpolation and have only 5000 lines. If I connect the Heidenhain with the digital A+B channel to LFEP in order to use the more or less working positioning feature I do not have the by 4 Interpolation, I will only have an 2 time interpolation.

So the question is will it work if I calculate a by 4 Interpolation to have the right values in LFEP even if there is only a by 2 interpolation is used? I mean is there a difference how this is read out of TTL driver in the order of A+B signals or will this digital TTL simulated driver deliver the same model?

Does anybody know??

For those who are interested, I also found an interesting project from someone who is trying to solve the issue for encoder based PEC on a very easy and cheap basis: http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5756299/page/1/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/all/vc/1

CS

Offline the_lizardking

Re: Encoder Interface LFEP & Heidenhain ERN480 from TDM
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 19.08.13 - 20:55:42 - CEST »
Orlando gave a me very good hint,... its possible to use a comperator like TLC 3702, with this you modify the analog signal to a digital one very easy.
Thanks Orlando,...