Author Topic: Mount initialization  (Read 7464 times)

Offline gpaolo

Mount initialization
« on: Monday, 29.07.13 - 00:20:04 - CEST »
Hi,
I'm a new user of the LFEP, I come from the FS2 and I'm trying to get used to the new system.
(a bit too) slowly I'm beginning to understand how to set up everything, but there is one thing that puzzles me: the mount initialization.
On the old system, I had to position the scope on one star, enter in the sync function, select the star and tell the mount the position of the scope (west looking east or east looking west). Quite straightforward.
On LFEP... I cannot even find that function. How can I do it?
I've been able to do it anyway through the PC: I connect the planetarium, select the star and sync. The east-west part remains a bit mysterious: do I have to set it on the setup window? I tried to do that, but when I switched from one side to the other, the mount began to give a complete turn.
So, what should be the correct procedure for the sync with the pad and with the PC?

Thanks, bye!

Offline Armando

• Global Moderator
Re: Mount initialization
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 30.07.13 - 04:54:50 - CEST »
Hi gpaolo,

On the old system, I had to position the scope on one star, enter in the sync function, select the star and tell the mount the position of the scope (west looking east or east looking west). Quite straightforward.
On LFEP... I cannot even find that function. How can I do it?
Position can also be East looking East and West looking West...
"Invert Dec" button is to be used to toggle the side of pier. So before sending a GoTo command you should check if side of pier is right; if not, click on "Invert Dec"...
Be sure to have properly defined RA and Dec rotation (by ASCOM - telescope->setup->motors) too.

CS
Armando

Offline gpaolo

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 30.07.13 - 09:03:00 - CEST »
Ok, understood, thanks.
So do you confirm that there is no way to sync the mount without using the PC?

Offline the_lizardking

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 30.07.13 - 09:22:04 - CEST »
No you can do the same with HBX,... it is invert DEC function with which you can change the orientation. However HBX know only the LFEP orientation and does not deal with the second ASCOM definition. Synch can be done over the GoTo Menue by pushing upwards (s) when having the star in center, then the HBX stores the object.

Offline gpaolo

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 30.07.13 - 09:27:03 - CEST »
Great, thanks!