LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LFEP ASCOM

Autoguider Probleme

<< < (2/6) > >>

the_lizardking:
Mmm this could also be, we discussed about the ASCOM driver and its possible cause for this error,... for me this was strange I changed to lodestar and we updated the driver,... but after thinking about it we could not see a relation between the driver and the ST4 port,...

Important is that pushing the buttons at the same time unlocks the ST4 again,... I was messuring and so on and did not find any issue,... I was confused.

However did you try to step back to the 1.5.2 driver to test it? It is maybe easier than working on the cables....
Here is the link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lfepascom/files/LFEP%20ASCOM%20Driver%20%281.5.2%29.exe/download

If the driver cause this it can only be the traffic we produce meanwhile was the conclusion but Armando tested a lot on this and could not find anything. Normaly ST4 and the driver are not interacting with each other so it is confusing,...

@Armando this is what I wanted to say, I think it could be something TDM or Mgen is producing however,... Isi also feels the problem since he did the update,... I am not sure anymore if it is at the end related to the driver somehow,... the interesting thing is that Isi sees a relation with GoTo commands,... I cannot do GoTo commands with CDC so I am not sure if this has an relevance in this case,... I still get errors on CDC when I do GoTo,...

@Isi do you do the GoTos by handpad??

When we where testing the ST4 issue we made it happen once that ST4 worked after downgrade to 1.5.2 but only short,... then the same error again but we didnt do a GoTo we simply upgraded to the new driver and had TDM running...

cs

Armando:
Hi the_lizardking,

a single GoTo causes one or more slewings since the driver has to manage the pillar and/or the automated flip.
But nothing else occurs. The only thing that could interfere with guiding is the step required to cross the Pole (during a flip). Crossing the Pole is executed at 16x and so the guiding speed is temporarily altered. After slewing has been completed or aborted (and the Pole crossed/not crossed) the driver has to restore the guiding speed.
So nothing special occurs...

I'm tempted to think that serial traffic can occasionally lock the LFEP. And there is no way to detect an ST-4 command by ASCOM.
So I would suggest to enable the silent option (next to S button) to reduce traffic. If it helps to solve the issue I'll modify the silent mode to have no traffic at all: the user will be obliged to enable the option before going to guide by ST-4...

Hi Jörg,

did you find that this issue is reproducible?
You find a new release at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lfepascom/files/LFEP%20ASCOM%20Driver%20%281.5.3%2005-05-2014%29.exe/download
Could you update the driver?
I found that If you guide by the ST-4 interface then LFEP guides only at pad guide speed.
So if you use ST-4 to guide probably you've to check the option "Use Pad guide speed". Please refer to the attached screenshot...

Maybe enabling ASCOM Pulse Guiding speeds different from hand pad guiding speeds causes the issue if LFEP receives ST-4 commands.

CS
Armando

Isi:
Hallo,

--- Quote --- ich meine das ich die Richtung der RA ändere. Im Guider einen Stern einstellen, Guider auf Start aber es passiert nichts. Dann ganz kurz RA minus gedrückt halten und kurz RA plus kurz drücken, dann beide loslassen
--- End quote ---
die Tastenkombination RA+ zuerst funktioniert auch. Da ich hiermit gut klarkomme werde ich auch nicht eine andere Version aufspielen.
Was mir noch aufgefallen ist folgendes :

the_lizardking:
hi isi,

zou dont need to use it all time onlz for test it would be nice to use the other drivers,.... zour settings wont get lost or anzthing.

cs

Isi:
Hallo the_lizardking,

ich habe mal den Driver 1.5.2 aufgespielt. Nun läuft alles bestens. Die Guidersingnale kommen normal an und ich brauche auch die Tastenfunktion ( wie oben beschrieben ) nicht. Danke für den Tipp.

Gruß und cs

Isi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version