LittleFoot Elegance Photo > LFEP ASCOM

LFEP ASCOM driver - bug reports

<< < (2/19) > >>

Armando:
Hi @all,

I'm trying to solve some parking issues reported by the_lizardking.
I hope to receive other reports by someone else just to know if the issues are related to the FW release in use (I'm using the latest 6.30 FW release, the_lizardking is using the previous 6.20 one).
I obviously need reports made by using the latest ASCOM driver.
Because of a LFEP firmware bug there is the need to use PC parking option. There is also the need to set (by handbox) tracking enabled at startup.

Another bug that still occurs at the_lizardking (after ASCOM connection) is related to Site longitude reading.
To manage it (as I'm not able to reproduce it) I need someone else that will confirm it occurs. I also need a log of the traffic on serial port. SerialMon is able to sniff the traffic so that we can see what happens when the error occurs.

If you need other details to contribute as beta tester please don't hesitate to tell me what details/instructions you need...

Thank you in advance and Clear Skies!
Armando

drknoppi:
Hello armando if i can i would help you to test beta .
Please send me more information about the longitude problem under 6.30
you have found 😊Best regards Rainer .

the_lizardking:
You are right, the info is missing hehe

Long, Lat Problem:
So we have the following error during FIRST connection with LFEP from time to time:

I changed the COM2 connection setting and since that its better or gone - to:

When moving the scope I get teh following Warnings in ASCOM Log screen:

Parking Problem:
When scope is parked with ASCOM and you power down and on the LFEP and connect with the driver ASCOM shows scope in parked mode but scope is moving and shows wrong coordinates 0:00 and 0:00.

Other open parking problems are fixed so far, but could be that there are also other bugs.

FtDI Driver used on my system is:

Armando:
Hi @all,

I just uploaded a new driver. I see no critical issues on my LFEP now.
User tests are appreciated.

CS
Armando Beneduce

Armando:
Hi @all,

I'm spending a lot of time to try to improve the driver.
Since I'm receiving bug reports only by the_lizardking and my LFEP works as expected together with current ASCOM beta release, I'm not sure they are driver related...
Receiving a feedback by other users could be of help.

What I found is that the hardware handbox can cause communication issues while LFEP is managed by the ASCOM driver.
So I would ignore these issues for now.
I'm interested in knowing if someone else has critical issues that make LFEP not working at all.

Thank you and Clear Skies
Armando

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version